Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Say what?


I am very good at decoding my daughter's language; probably better than anyone. When she said "Aye, aye Captain" to me sarcastically after I asked her for the fourth time to clean up her mess of beads and pipe cleaners, I wasn't too surprised. When she announced that she dreamt of "sitting on the lawn with a ghost and eating sweet juicy paw-paws", I found it sweet. But occasionally she will say something that hard as I try, I cannot understand the origin or meaning.

I should mention that many of these phrases are actually incorporated into more elaborate songs during her nightly "shows." Her statements/songs range from unexpected and curious to downright bizarre.

In the unexpected category we have:

I'm going to law school.

I am very annoyed.

With your nail polish on, you can't touch anything.

He's pooping on stage 'cause he had too many carrots.

In the bizarre category:

It's the new naked.

Let's do combo fighting.

Horrify with me.

It's impossible to be in chuck.

Your guesses are as good as mine.

2 comments:

BB said...

I'm going to law school. It's the new naked...

Do you ever think that Ella has only two career choices in her life; either she'll become a unicorn or a mad scientist?

Your blog is funny.

Liz Culver said...

Your last two entries really had me laughing. You should keep this up. It's very funny.